The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) provides financial contributions (interest-free loans) to help support fixed operating costs of SMEs, where business revenues have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funding available through your local CFDC
In order to provide targeted assistance to the small towns and communities they serve, CFDCs will focus on assisting “main street” businesses, such as retail shops, restaurants, corner stores, and businesses of strategic importance to their communities, with loans up to $40,000.
- Eligible CFDC applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- established prior to March 1, 2020;
- impacted adversely by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- viable and not experiencing other financial difficulties prior to March 1, 2020;
- have attempted to access other federal relief supports and were ineligible, rejected, or require funding for expenses that have not been supported, with priority given to applicants who were ineligible or rejected from other federal relief supports.
Applications can be submitted for:
- Loans of up to $40,000 to help address working capital needs.
- Review the Program Guidelines for full program details.
- Before you complete the application form, answer the following 4 questions:
- Was your business established prior to March 1, 2020?
- Can you demonstrate that your business was viable before March 1, 2020?
- Can you demonstrate a revenue impact due to COVID-19?
- Have you NOT received any other federal COVID-19 relief funding?
- If you answered yes to all 4, proceed with completing the Business Loan Application Form. (for optimal form filling, edit the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- You may sign it digitally or print, sign and scan.
- Gather the supporting information – see the checklist at the back of the application form that details the other information we will require a copy of.
- Email all the documents to email@example.com
Note: In order for us to review your application, all required documents must be submitted.
*** Should you be interested in a loan greater than $40,000 and meet the following eligibility criteria, you may wish to apply to FedDev Ontario for direct funding.
Funding available through FedDev Ontario
For more information, please visit the FedDev Ontario website.