As part of our government’s trade and investment agenda, we are committed to support Canadian communities looking to attract job-creating foreign investment to their regions. I am therefore pleased to announce that the Invest Canada – Community Initiative (ICCI) program is accepting applications for 2017 as of today, September 6, 2016.
ICCI provides financial support to communities for foreign direct investment initiatives and activities which create economic prosperity here at home. ICCI is one of the pillars of the Global Markets Support Program (GMSP). Other pillars of the GMSP support Canadian exporters, associations and innovators.
Please find further application details below, and do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Let’s join forces in showcasing Canada’s advantages to international investors.
The Honourable Chrystia Freeland
Minister of International Trade
ICCI PROGRAM LAUNCH:
- As of today, September 6, 2016, the Invest Canada-Community Initiatives (ICCI) component of the Global Markets Support Program is accepting applications from Canadian communities seeking financial support for their foreign direct investment initiatives for 2017.
- Applications must be submitted before 15:00 (Eastern Daylight Time), on Friday, October 14, 2016. Communities must submit the final draft of their application by the deadline to be considered for funding. Incomplete applications will be rejected. Applications submitted after the deadline will be rejected. We would like to remind you that only one submission is allowed per applicant.
- Communities and organizations having submitted a funding request will be informed of the results of the adjudication process around mid-December. Should there be any delays in announcing the results, recipients will be given at least 12 months to undertake and complete their projects.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION:
- We invite you to visit our website for more information on program eligibility.
- In order to assist you with the preparation of your application, ICCI program management will be holding tutorial webinars on September 15th, 2016 in both official languages. The English tutorial will take place at 13:30 EDT. The French tutorial will take place at 10:30 EDT. We expect the tutorial to last about one hour. For more information about the webinar, please consult the ICCI website.
ACCESSING THE APPLICATION THROUGH THE PORTAL:
- Please read the How to Submit an Application for Funding page from the ICCI website in order to familiarize yourself with the application process.
- In order to apply for 2017 funding, you are required to register to the Partners@International Portal at the following link. Once registered, it may take up to 2 business days for you to be able to log in to your new account for the first time.
- You will only be able to access the ICCI Application Form once you have (1) registered on the Portal, (2) uploaded the letter of incorporation/proof of legal status of your organisation, and (3) downloaded the PDF application form from the Partners@International Portal. The deadline to submit your application is October 14, 2016.
The only way to submit an application is through the Partners@International portal. Mailed, emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted.