Community Futures Peterborough is currently seeking to fill the role of Loans Officer:
The Business Loans Officer is responsible for the promotion, delivery and administration of the various CFDC lending and business counselling programs including the development of proposals for consideration by the Board of Directors. Responsibilities also include ongoing client support and monitoring.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Business Loans Officer proactively seeks to utilize the Investment of the Corporation’s financial and other resources in the creation of employment opportunities in the Greater Peterborough area.
Receive Inquiries & Business Counselling
- Attend internal and external meetings and networking events as required
- Provide client counselling, group and one-on-one training as required
- Meet with potential clients and explain the parameters of the CFDC’s various lending programs
- Determine the appropriate course of action resulting from inquiry including applicant’s eligibility for the various CFDC programs
- Review with clients the development and preparation of their business plan, cash flow projections and industry investigation by assisting with access to information and advice from all internal and external sources
- Receive and investigate client application and credit worthiness
- Determine with the client the project’s financial viability
- Evaluate the client’s management capabilities
- Assess social and community impact – recording the number of jobs maintained and expansion plans
- Perform security and equity investment analysis
- Examine repayment ability
- Prepare submission to the Board of Directors
- Provide support to the General Manager in order to create Letter of Offers outlining the terms and conditions of loans as approved by the Board of Directors
- Ensure all documentation and collateral security requirements are completed in compliance with the loan/program approval and registered as required
- Assist with the collection and follow-up of delinquent accounts including recommendations to the Manager for action on chronic accounts and/or accounts which appear to be in trouble
- Performs the loan collection process, including, but not limited to the processing of loan payments and receipts and the calculation of penalties and interest, the preparation of lists of loan arrears, the preparation of loan arrears notices, loan collections and the organization, posting and balancing of loan accounts
- Ensure all contractual reporting and follow-up requirements are met accurately and on time
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires a Business Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of commercial lending experience is preferred.
- Extensive experience in a variety of business environments.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to navigate all facets of Microsoft Office, and perform internet research and navigation with confidence and ease.
- Position requires the ability to travel throughout Peterborough County.
Job Type: Full-time