Futurpreneur Canada has been fueling the entrepreneurial passions of Canada’s young enterprise for nearly two decades.
Community Futures Peterborough is proud to be their community partner. They are the only national, non-proﬁt organization that provides ﬁnancing, mentoring and support tools to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. Their internationally recognized mentoring program hand matches young entrepreneurs with a business expert from a network of more than 2,800 volunteer mentors.
Futurpreneur provides start-up financing of up to $15,000 for young entrepreneurs. Plus additional financing may be available through Futurpreneur Canada’s partnership with the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), where you can get up to an additional $30,000. That’s not it. Futurpreneur also has an expansion program, which offers up to $10,000. That’s a total of up to $55,000 available for your new venture. Futurpreneur supports businesses of all kinds – skilled trades, technology, retail, services, and everything in between. Futurpreneur Canada provides financing based on character and a great business plan.
Along with the financing, you will benefit from Futurpreneur’s mandatory world-class mentoring program. Every entrepreneur is hand-matched with an experienced business mentor for a minimum of two years to allow knowledge sharing and ensure a higher business success rate. A mentor is an vital resource with years of valuable business experience – and you get his or her assistance free for a minimum of two years with your Futurpreneur financing!
- Between 18-39 years old
- A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Produces a complete and viable business plan
- Has been in business, fully operating, for less than 12 months
- Lives or opens the business in the community which is offering the Futurpreneur program
- Has some training / experience related to their business idea
- Willing to work with qualified business mentor for a period of two years
- Has a business that creates full-time sustainable employment for the applicant
- Holds at least 51% voting share in the business (if a partnership)
- Not a full-time student
- Financing proceeds may NOT be used for the refinancing of existing debt
Application Deadline: Continuous Intake
Application Fee: None
Visit www.futurpreneur.ca for more information about the program, eligibility criteria and all their services. Or contact us, your local Futurpreneur Community Partner.